Summer is the season for farmers' markets. While you can often find the same produce in your grocery store all year round (thanks to imported fruit), I prefer sticking to fruits and veggies that are actually in season -- they're fresher, cheaper, and they taste better!
What's in season now that it's July? Read on for my recs on what you should look for at your local farmers' market.
Here's what to look for in July:
- Recipe ideas: slice and sprinkle with salt for a snack, or add to your favorite dinner salad, like the panzanella below!
- Summer squash
- Recipe ideas: roasted squash and tomatoes, or sauté thinly sliced squash with onions and top with grated cheese
- Green beans
- Recipe idea: watermelon feta and mint salad
- Berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- My favorite blueberry dessert recipe: blueberry pecan galette
- Stone fruits: peaches, apricots, plums
- These make for great desserts on their own or grilled