Hey girl hey -- it’s Kristina!
As a skincare mad scientist, I’m always testing new products and evolving my skincare routine. Through my experiments, I've discovered hero products that have transformed my skin in the best way possible. I've also been "gooped" (duped, in beauty terms) into believing in useless products. For example, purchasing a $50 facial mist made of 99.99% water and 0.01% rose water was not one of my finest moments. Through my trials, I’ve finally found a routine that gets me glowing and is seriously simple.
Feel free to test out my routine and tell me your thoughts. I'd love to learn what your routine looks like and if you have any hero products of your own!
- Exfoliate: If you try one product from this list, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads are my ultimate **hero product.** The acid mix makes my face feel as soft as a baby's bottom, while keeping hormonal acne and wrinkles under control. Pro-tip: Use them on your neck as well after wiping over your face.
- Moisturize: My dermatologist got me hooked me on Avene Skin Recovery Crème, an easy, all-purpose moisturizer designed for those with sensitive skin.
- Bonus Step: This ice roller wins ultimate multitasker award. What else seals in product, fights inflammation, drains lymph nodes and helps you survive brutal hangovers? Store it in your fridge or freezer and roll over your face in a downward motion for ~3 minutes. Wash before/after use.
- Sunscreen: Use some daily for prevention, prevention, prevention.
- Remove Makeup: For an effective makeup remover, try Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm or One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme. Massage into your face and around your eyes before cleansing your face with water.
- Clean: There are so many solid face cleansers – I’m currently loving Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash.
- Nourish: Serums are the BEST because they penetrate more deeply into your skin than other types of products. So you should get creative with switching or mixing, depending on your skin’s needs. Pay attention to each serum’s active ingredients: Try rosehip oil to fight acne, hyaluronic acid for anti-aging, pumpkin seed for brightness, or vitamin C to achieve a dewy glow.
- Moisturize: To keep it easy, I use this bad boy twice a day. Depending on your skin type or the time of year, you may want to layer on a nighttime-specific moisturizer, such as Tula’s Overnight Skin Rescue Treatment. Pro-tip: Run a quick search for a Tula coupon to save a bit of $.
- Bonus Step: Raw coconut oil under eyes and on lips for extra hydration.